Registration is only needed when you have a device that requires a wired Ethernet connection in your room. To connect your device to the new residence hall wireless network visit the wireless setup page.
Registration for fall semester will open about 2 weeks before arrival. Make sure you register for the correct semester.
Use the Registration Form to:
- Register for a new wired connection
- Change a registered MAC address
- Display current connection information
- Drop an existing connection
You Will Need the Following Information:
- Penn State Access ID and password
You probably activated your Access ID during New Student Orientation. If you can check your Penn State e-mail, you have an Access ID and should be able to continue to the registration process. If not, contact ITS accounts for further instructions.
- Room assignment (residence hall name and room number).
- Find your computer's MAC address for a wired connection (not the wireless MAC address). It's very important to have the correct address for this step. If you are unsure of your address, please complete the steps outlined in the Room Connection page.
- Computer type, make, model, and operating system.
- Note: You are bound by the terms and conditions of the Residence Hall Connection Agreement. For your protection, the site is secure.
- Register your Ethernet address.
After you've submitted your registration and it replies with a green box with your connection information your port has become live. Plug your device into the jack on the wall in the room listed in your connection information.