#PSUArrival: Welcome to University Park
#PSUArrival will be here before you know it, and we are excited to welcome you to campus! To make sure you are prepared and ready to move in, here are a few items to check off your to-do list:
- Contact your roommate. Get acquainted and decide who is bringing what.
- Complete your registration. Pay tuition, fees, and room and board charges in LionPATH.
- Review housing Terms, Conditions, and Regulations. Familiarize yourself with our rules.
- Submit your immunization records to University Health Services. Students living in campus housing are required to have the meningitis vaccination.
- Consider purchasing property insurance. Penn State is not liable for any loss or damage to a student's personal property.
- Download the Penn State Life app for the Welcome Week 2016 guide. It's packed with information like events, common questions, hours of operation, campus maps, dining locations, and much more.
Pack light on your first trip to campus - see how much storage space is in your room and you can always bring more later. If you plan to go home during fall or spring semester break, that's a perfect time to switch out summer and winter clothing!
- Don't forget to bring: bed linens (XL-twin) and bath towels, a desk lamp, a fan (or two!), hangers, and laundry supplies.
- Leave behind: air conditioners of any kind, alcohol, candles, pets, and wireless routers.
Since Penn State Housing has exciting new construction in progress, parking will be limited during arrival. Visit the Arrival website to learn more about the process. It is important that you follow these directions and corresponding Arrival signs on and near campus.
We need your cooperation so we can keep traffic congestion to a minimum.
Helpful arrival tips:
- Drop off. Drop your items in your room during August 8-12 (8 a.m.-2 p.m. EST). Contact your Housing Office, as not all rooms will be available.
- Come early. For $20 per night, you can beat the traffic and arrive as early as Wednesday, August 17. No reservation required! Pay upon arrival.
- Come late. Arrive in the evening, avoiding traffic and full parking lots.
You'll receive an email with more information about Arrival soon. We look forward to seeing you later this month!
Questions? Contact the Assignment Office 814-865-7501.